Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Lemon Loaf



If you have had a little too much chocolate, if that's possible, you need to try this lemon loaf.  I got the recipe from a good friend on facebook.  She had posted it and it looked really good and I do like lemon. It's easy and really good.  It would make someone a wonderful gift for the holidays. 

I will give you the recipe and then tell you the changes I made in the recipe and you can choose what you would like to do.  :)

1 1/2 cups flour   
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup oil

Combine flour baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
Use a mixer and blend together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.  Add oil and mix well.  Pour batter into a well greased 9x5 loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and until pick comes out clean.
When loaf is cool remove from pan and ice.  Let the icing set up before slicing.

Icing:  1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons whole milk, 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract.  Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.

I used the zest of 1 1/2 lemons in place of lemon extract and I used fresh lemon juice.  The recipe didn't specify fresh or bottled.  In the icing, I used half and half and I used the zest of half a lemon in place of lemon extract as well as 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment