Friday, December 27, 2013

Jubliee of Waters






John Muir called winter storms the "jubilee of waters."  This was our jubilee of waters.  I can't say that the beauty of the sun sparkling through all that ice out ways the destruction it does to the trees.  The poor trees moaned from the weight of the ice and the branches snapped when they could stand the weight any more.  It actually sounds like a gun firing.

Thankfully, the wind was not blowing or we wouldn't have any trees left.  We had a good inch of ice on our shrubs and trees.  We will have an abundance of fire wood when this is all cut up.

I have been blessed this year with some wonderful clients who kept me very busy this holiday season.  That's the reason for no blogs lately.  I do have some wonderful ideas and some new recipes I'll be sharing with you this new year.  My clients are very open and receptive to new ideas and recipes and it makes my job a lot of fun.  I've been blessed and I'm very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment