Friday, December 6, 2013

Dutch's Dip Beef Sandwich

Yesterday after I blogged, I thought I should have posted the recipe for the dip beef.  I mentioned that it was one of my husband's favorites but it was also one of my dad's favorites too.  Over the years, I have made some changes to the recipe for the better.  Like fresh onions instead of onion flakes and fresh rosemary instead of dried.  Just those two changes alone made this recipe out of the park.  Not to mention, your house smells absolutely wonderful while it's cooking.

I hope you will try this, you will be the star at your dinner party.

2-3 pound chuck roast ( I always buy two for my family, men will usually eat two sandwiches)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
4-5 beef bouillon cubes
3-4 bay leaves
1 large onion diced
4-5 sprigs of rosemary
1 package of French rolls (7-8 inches long) (Be sure and use French rolls the other rolls will fall apart when you dip them in the au jus.)

Place roast in a Dutch oven and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and then add all the other ingredients placing the rosemary of top of the roast.  Fill with water to the top edge of the meat.  Don't cover meat with water.  Bake for 6-7 hours at 275 degrees.

Remove meat from oven and place on a platter and use a fork to shred the meat.  Slice rolls in half and brown in oven. Remove rolls and butter then pile the meat on the roll.  Ladle the au jus into bowls for dunking.

I always serve these sandwiches with dill potato salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment