Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Recipe Critic


If you have seen the magazine stands at the grocery store, I'm sure you have seen this cake on the front cover of Southern Living Magazine.  I always love their cakes but this one was a major disappointment for me.  It is a red velvet white chocolate cheesecake.  My picture looks pretty close to their picture for the inside of the cake.  Before I recommend something to my clients, I always like to try it first.  I was really excited to be able to offer this cake to my clients this season because it looks so festive for the holidays but personally I won't make it again.  The red velvet cake has the texture of a pound cake.  The cheesecake and the icing are really good but the red velvet I did not like. 

If you want to try it, it looks more intimidating than it really is.  It's really not hard.  You make two cheesecakes and three red velvet and then layer them and put the icing on the outside.  The cheesecakes need to be in the frig at least 8 hours before assembling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment