Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beef Tips and Noodles

I have made this a lot through the years and it's easy and very tasty.  The last time I made it, I didn't think of taking a picture.  I really did think of putting this on my blog. But after we had it for dinner, I thought I really do need to post this because it is so good and so easy.  One of those week night meals that you can whip up pretty quickly. This recipe will serve 4-6 people.

2 packages of beef tips
2 cans mushroom soup
1 package of Lipton's onion beef soup mix
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1 1/2 to 2 soup cans of water
1 small container of sour cream
1 large package of egg noodles (I use wide noodles but you can use smaller if you like)

I wash the beef tips really well under cool water. Then I cut the large beef tips in half.  Put the beef tips in a large Dutch oven sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  The use 1/2 packet of the Lipton's onion beef soup mix.  This is really rich.  I open the packet and stir the mix because it has dried onions in it. Then I sprinkle half of the package over the beef tips.  Use your hands and toss the beef tips to make sure the seasoning gets on all the beef tips.  Open the mushroom soup and pour over the beef tips and mix well.  Then put water in the soup can and pour over the mixture and stir well.  Cover the top of the pan with foil and put in the oven at 350 degrees for about one and a half to two hours or until meat is tender.  Check to see if beef tips are tender, they should be if not cook a little longer maybe 30 minutes. 

Then remove from oven.  Start your water for the noodles. Take the foil off of the beef tips and stir them well and then add half of the sour cream. If you would like more sour cream you can use it all.  When the noodles are tender, drain them and add the noodles to the beef tips and stir well.

This goes great with a green salad and some crusty bread.

For a make ahead meal you can do the following:



You cook the meat with the sauce minus the sour cream.  Let it cool and put in zip lock freezer bags and freeze.  When you are ready to use it, unthaw the freezer bag, put beef tips and sauce in sauce pan and heat. When warm add sour cream.  In the meantime, boil water for egg noodles.  When the noodles are tender pour the beef tips and sauce over noodles and you are ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment