Saturday, April 14, 2012

Summer Project



I have wanted to do this for a long, long time and still haven't worked this in. It is a cold frame construction. I thought I would throw out the idea to you and maybe this would be something you could work on during the summer.

The pictures I took of this are hard to read but you at least get an idea of what it looks like. You can go to the OSU Extension Center and ask for the cold frame construction handout. I think it is E-19. You can make your cold frame larger than this one. In the winter, you can grow lettuce, spinach, beets, carrots any root vegetables I think would do good. I can't speak from experience here but I have heard the cold frames are very successful.

We eat some sort of salad almost every day and now I'm juicing more greens so this would be a savings on the pocketbook not too mention the quality is far superior to what you buy at the store. In the summer, you could use this as extra garden space just keep the top open all the time.

If you start doing research on our food supply, I think you would be more motivated to start growing your own food.

Happy Weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment