Monday, April 23, 2012

Outdoor Room behind the Barn

I went to take pictures of our area behind the barn and I started taken pictures of flowers and herbs......kind of went crazy. I really wish you could see the beauty of my roses and herbs. My roses are absolutely beautiful this year and the herbs look wonderful. I am guessing its because we had such a mild winter... I really don't know but everything looks exceptionally beautiful to me. You will see the area behind the barn. We have a lot of trees that are volunteers. I thinned out a lot but left some. We may end up cutting them all down. We will just see how they end up growing. But it does add some shade and will be a great place for our hammock. I have pictured our old picnic table which we are going to redo. It's big and round and needs work but will look great when its fixed. There is a picture of an old gate and some grapevine above one entrance to the barn and I have planted morning glories to cover the fence and grow up the grapevine. I transplanted the climbing rose bush behind the barn back in the fall last year. It's doing great. I transplanted the other rose bush in the picture. This is not a good time to transplant but I did it anyway. I think it will make it. An old ladder and a rustic picture frame with an angel add some whimsical antique charm. It's not finished yet, so I will up date as we make more progress. My husband put edging around our new garden space. I am so happy to have that because it will sure help keep the grass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment