Thursday, April 12, 2012

Celebrating Our 38th Wedding Anniversary









Oh how quickly the years come and go. I don't think anyone can make you realize how quickly the years pass. I would just like to say to my youthful readers enjoy the simple things in life. Really invest your life in your family, friends and humanity. The important things in this life are people.

Last night I was thinking about our wedding day and our honeymoon. We had a very beautiful traditional wedding but our honeymoon was over the moon. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect such a wonderful honeymoon. We went to Alcapuco, Mexico and stayed at a place called Las Breezes. This place was sculptured into the side of a mountain. Lots of little individual haciendas with your own private pool and balcony over looking the bay. Every morning fresh hot coffee, sweet rolls and fresh fruit was left at your door and at night our bed was turned down with fresh flowers on the pillows. Our first night there, we had dinner under the stars on a huge patio of the hotel that over looked the bay with strumming gauchos stopping briefly at each table. It was very romantic and a very beautiful place. It's a wonderful memory.

Our first home and then not long after that our children started to arrive. Life was happy, busy and fulfilling. I played with our children but not enough. Some things I would do over, have more date nights with my husband, be more patient and listen, be more allowing and I wouldn't even know what the word "controlling" means.

We have had our moments but considering all things we have had a wonderful life together. There have been no children in the home now for six months so we are learning to focus on each other again and to develop new interest together. I believe that the latter part of our lives will be even better than the first. We are wiser and have learned a lot about what true happiness really is. He's been a wonderful partner on this journey of life and I know the best is yet to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment