Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Juice Feasting


Last week I finished up a 9 day supposed to be 10 day juice fast. My daughter, for several years has been following a blog, Juicy Days.com by Q. She purchased his e-book for me and it was filled with a lot of great information. Our family has juiced for many years but it has mainly been carrot juice so I was very interested in all of his green drinks since I want to keep my body neutralized and not acidic. Almost all diseases flourish in an acidic environment. When your ph is neutral your body starts to heal. The basic green drink is cucumber, celery, 1 lemon, spinach or the green of your choice (kale, romaine, red leaf lettuce, chard, cilantro, arugula. It is very tasty. I could tell that my body needed this because it tasted so good to me. He also has savory drinks which include adding broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, carrot, ginger, fresh garlic. These are also wonderful. The savory was my husband's favorite. Then there are the fruit juice, several examples are watermelon and lemon, orange, grapefruit and lemon, apple,beet and lemon. On this fast you can have one fruit drink a day, all the green juice and water you can drink.

I have never detoxed before where I felt like something was growing on my teeth but I was brushing my teeth quite often. This fast was a lot easier for me than a straight water fast because you don't feel weak and I actually had energy to do things. This fast also includes several water enemas to help flush toxins out of the body. He also recommends a quart jar of lemon water first thing in the morning.

This juice feasting was very beneficial for me and I have no major health problems. So check with your doctor before doing anything like this if you do have health issues.

FYI - My husband loves apples and he had been telling me lately that the apples we tasting terrible. Then I was with a friend recently who was telling me her husband saw something on T.V. about how they pick apples and store them for an unbelievable period of time before the apples reach the public. Then another friend was telling me after this about seeing Suzanne Sommers on a talk show and that she always buys organic apples, strawberries, and grapes because you cannot wash the chemical off of these fruits. I have actually at times been able to taste the chemical in grapes. Hence, I bought organic apples at the health food store and my husband could tell the difference. He said, "they were delicious and he couldn't believe the difference in the taste." Needless to say, I won't be buying apples at the store anymore and I'm thinking about growing my own strawberries and grapes.

I want to encourage you to start growing a garden and herbs. First, the herbs are so flavorful and they add so much to the taste of your food. Then if you are growing your own food you know what has been put on it. There is nothing like bringing fresh produce from your garden to your kitchen table. Can't get better than that! I always say, start with a salsa garden - tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro - doesn't take a lot of room and I promise you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment