Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cool Weather on the Way!

I'm so excited. Cool weather is on the way. I've just turned off the television from watching the weather report and finished my cup of coffee. It's just getting daybreak and I can't wait to get outside and do some work in the garden.

The heat has been so unrelenting this summer my garden didn't make it. But I am going to start planting my fall garden today. I wouldn't do it before because I knew the tender little seedlings would get cooked after one day in this scorching heat. Lots of spinach, kale, beets, swiss chard and several different lettuce mixes that will be my fall garden. I'll have lots of greens for juicing.

Speaking of juicing, I would like to tell you about a very interesting lady. A little over twenty years ago, I was having some health issues and had been praying for God to give me some direction as to what I needed to do for my health. One morning I got into the car to run some errands and a talk show was on the radio. A lady was talking about health and at first I didn't pay much attention but as she continued to talk I finally pulled over and started taking notes and then got her address for more information. That was my start of drinking barley green and I still drink it today. I started my kids on it back when they were small and honestly for years we were hardly ever sick. No colds and thankfully the flu passed us by. It is the single most important thing I think you can do for yourself. Now green drinks are really becoming popular and fresh greens are really great for you but if you can't get fresh check into getting barley green. The lady I was listening to that day was Dr. Mary Ruth Swope. She is 91 now and still going strong. I was recently listening to a broadcast of her from late 2010 and early 2011 on an LA talk radio show. If you are addicted to soft drinks you need to hear what she has to say because you will never want to drink one again. Go to latalkradio.com/Aging.php. There are 3 segments Oct. 7, 2010, Jan.6, 2011, Feb.10,2011. They are all good but if you have to pick one listen to Jan. 6. You can also get information to order the barley green.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment