Saturday, September 3, 2011

Strawberries and Balsalmic Vinegar with Vanilla Ice Cream

I love balsamic vinegar and strawberries but I never thought of putting them together. I have seen Ina Garten on the cooking channel do it a couple of times. But recently, she had a segment on quick and easy sides and desserts. This was one of the desserts and I have tried it. It is quick and easy and really good.

2 pints of strawberries, cut each berry into 3 sections
2-3 Tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of black pepper

Cut berries add vinegar, sugar, black pepper. Make sure berries are covered well with all the ingredients. Cover with saran wrap and let it set for about an hour. After it has set for an hour put about a cup full in a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I know this sounds odd but it really is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment