Monday, September 5, 2011

Easy Cherry Dessert




I had a client call me in July and was having a birthday party for an aunt. She was wanting a dessert with cherries but not a cherry pie and she also wanted a chocolate pie. I remembered a dessert I use to make years ago and it was very good. I told her about it and she liked the idea so I made it for her. She called me later and said it was a hit at the party and everyone loved it. You may or may not know about this dessert but it is very easy and good. One of those things you can whip up quickly and it taste so good everyone things it must have taken time.

2 cans cherry pie filling
1 lg. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 white cake mix
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups, chopped pecans

Pour cherry pie filling in a 9x13inch ungreased pan. Sprinkle crushed pineapple over the cherry pie filling. The sprinkle white cake mix over cherries and pineapple. Pour melted butter over cake mix. Top with chopped pecans. Bake at 350 for one hour. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

I want to share another idea with you for gift giving. I have posted a picture of 2 chocolate pie tarts. I had a lot of chocolate filling left from the pie I made so I made 2 chocolate tarts to give to a friend for her birthday. She loves chocolate pie and she is a person who has everything. She was delighted with the tarts. This particular chocolate pie recipe is served with whipped cream so that is why there is no meringue on the top. On another occasion I made coconut cream tarts with the meringue and they really look cute. People really like things that are homemade and the tarts are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment