Thursday, August 4, 2011

Don't Forget to Pray for the Farmers




I was talking to our neighbor today who makes his living by farming. He was telling me if we have another year like this one he will have to find another profession. He said all farmers are really hurting. All their crops soybeans, corn, alfalfa, wheat has been given to the cows because of the draught. Farmers get loans for their crops and with a year like this the crops have not produced therefore they have made no money. They still have to make their loan payments. Plus, they are going out of state to get hay for their cattle. He told me, "if we go into the winter without rain it's going to be bad."

In my personal opinion, the government should be making special consideration of farmers. Not only are they trying to make a living but they are providing food for our nation. If anyone should get a break it should be the farmers.

That is my two cents for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment