Monday, August 29, 2011

Bridal Shower














My dear friend and I had a bridal shower for a dear friend son's fiancee. Laughing...all my friends are dear to me. :) Well, I wanted to share some of my ideas for the shower.

The bride is having a vintage wedding. She is getting married at her parents home which is out in the country on top of a hill over looking beautiful pasture land. They are getting married under an old tree that will have their initials etched in the tree with a heart around it. I'll show pictures of wedding later. They are getting married in October. This is just my kind of thing. I loved vintage! If my husband and I could get married again it would be outside and in the country. Yip eee!

Ok, back to the shower. We had a bridal brunch and the menu was quiche, blueberry scones with lemon curd and salad with mixed greens, fruit, nuts and champagne vinaigrette. Oh, and I can't forget strawberry pie with whipped cream for dessert.

For the table, I had a old crocheted tablecloth that I used and some old vintage hankies. I took my 3 tiered holder and layered cleaning supplies (as you can see), I stuck in a wooden spoon, spatula, garlic press, ice cream scoop, tongs and recipe book on smoothies. I also stuck in kitchen towels. I was very pleased with the way it turned out and it also gave the bride a lot of items to stock her kitchen. So often I see fresh flowers for center pieces at showers and flowers are lovely but I liked the idea of the centerpiece being useful after you are finished with it.

I'll have to tell you something funny. I used Ina Garten's recipe for lemon curd. The recipe did not specify how many it would serve. So from the recipe, the ingredients didn't look like it made very much so I quadrupled the recipe and I ended up with a gallon of lemon curd. I was able to send home lemon curd with a lot of the guests. Oh well!

I used a huge antique platter for the blueberry scones and I laid an old hankie on the platter before I put on the scones.

Hope this gives you some ideas before you have your next shower. I will have to say that I haven't given any showers in a long time but really enjoyed doing this and the baby shower that I did recently. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment