Thursday, February 2, 2017

Killer Fajitas


I've tried several recipes for fajitas and none of them have really been that good.  This recipe is a home run.  Gary loved them and we had company for dinner and everyone loved them.  By the time dinner was served, it smelled like a Mexican restaurant.  I took this picture after we had our first serving.  After I tasted them, I knew I would want to share the recipe.

1 orange, juiced
2 limes, juiced
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
4 chipotle chilies with about 2 tablespoon of adobe sauce
3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
Put all of the above ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Put marinade into a gallon size zip lock bag and put in your meat.  Close the bag and make sure all the meat is covered.  Put in the frig for 2-4 hours.  The longer the better.
2 pound flank steak and 8 chicken tenders sliced in half

Before you cook your meat.  Prepare the vegetables:
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper veggies to taste, drizzle olive oil and squeeze juice of 1/2 lime over veggies, toss and set aside.

Use a grill pan, spray with olive oil and when it is hot lay your meat on the pan and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side. I cook mine longer because I like meat well done.  When the flank steak is done remove it and set on cutting surface.  Let it rest about 5 minutes and then slice into strips.  When all the meat is cooked, spread the veggies over the grill pan and cook until limp. 

You could also cook your meat on an outdoor grill but definitely cook on a grill pan. It does make a difference.   I found a Lodge cast iron grill pan at T.J. Max for $35.00.  I was thrilled!  I had priced them earlier at International Pantry for $75.00. I immediately snatched that up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment