Saturday, November 19, 2016

T-Shirt Quilt

We celebrated our son's birthday on Wednesday.  He was going to be out of town on his birthday so we all got together to celebrate him a little early.  I've had these t-shirts saved for a long time.  There are t-shirts from when he was a little boy (his first soccer team) to when he played basketball in college.  Little did I know what a task this would be.  I cut new neuro pathways on this one. LOL  It's not like you have a square and all the squares are cut the same size and then you put them together.  I'll make a long story very short, I started this the first of September thinking by the end of September I could have it done. By the end of September, I was ready to pull my hair out.  I have a wonderful friend who is a wonderful quilter.  I called her and she graciously has been helping me.  As you can see, I'm still not finished but I hope to have it quilted and totally complete by the end of January.

My son was totally surprised and he really loved it.  He couldn't believe that I had saved all those t-shirts.  And I was even able to put some pictures of  him playing basketball and soccer on some of the t-shirts, with the help of my daughter.  You have to use the computer to do that.  Anyway, a great birthday for a wonderful son who has always been a blessing to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment