Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms


This has become one of my favorite dishes for a quick meal.  I take care of my grandson a couple of days a week and it is past dinner time when I get home.  This is something I love to fix, it always hits the spot and it's quick and light for a late dinner.  This summer when I was in Portland, Oregon I had this for breakfast at a restaurant called Mother's.  I fell in love with the restaurant and this dish was exceptional.

3 eggs
4 mushrooms, sliced
2 cups of fresh spinach
Gruyere cheese

Put a couple of tablespoons of butter in a large skillet with about 3 tablespoons of olive oil.  Sautee mushrooms until they are tender and add spinach and sautee it until it is almost wilted.  Take 3 eggs that have been wisked add salt and pepper to taste and add to the spinach and mushrooms and stir this into the mixture until the eggs are cooked.  Put this on your plate and grate Gruyere cheese over the top.  I love a piece of sour dough toast with this and a cup of hot tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment