Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Foods That Strengthen Your Immune System

I listened to a video on foods that help strengthen your immune system.  These foods can help prevent cancer and also help in a fight against cancer.

Mushrooms - Three cooked mushrooms a day can help prevent breast cancer. It's important to eat cooked mushrooms.
Garlic
All berries
Turmeric
Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, collards)
Leafy Dark Green Vegetables (spinach, mustard greens, Swiss chard, bok choy)
Legumes - beans, peas, lentils
Red Grapes
Walnuts
Celery - This one really surprised me.  I did know that celery helps low your blood pressure and it also helps with gout but was surprised that it was one of the top ten foods to eat to help prevent cancer.

I have a apple shot every morning and I have come to love this.  It's one organic apple, one small garlic clove, a good two inch piece of fresh ginger and a two inch piece of fresh turmeric.  I put all of this through my juicer and I wait about 5 minutes for the garlic to produce the allicin and then I drink it down.  This is one of my morning rituals.

Another morning ritual - this is the first thing I do.  An 8 ounce glass of lemon water.  I used to do cold until a dear friend told me she used warm water and then I read an article on lemon water in the morning and the article said warm water is best.  You wouldn't believe all of the things that warm lemon water will do for you.  Number one thing.... it helps your liver.

It takes a while for us to do the things that are good for our bodies but it is worth it.  You feel so much better.

Some other information I thought was interesting to promote good health, don't sleep in a room with the light on. Don't cook in a Teflon pan, don't use a microwave (I finally took this out of the house and got rid of it.  I didn't cook in the microwave but it was to handy to warm coffee or leftovers.) Drastically limit soda pop.  I can't remember the other things now but there were a couple of things on the list that was surprising to me.  If I remember I'll post it.  It was an interesting video.

No comments:

Post a Comment