Thursday, June 23, 2016

Dutch's Birthday






Yes, our little darling is one year old today and we had a wonderful day with him.  His mom, Uncle Bear and I took him to the zoo this morning.  We were there at 9:30 and left at 11:30.  Not a minute to soon because Honey (that's me) and Dutch were about to melt.  Actually, it was really hot but we all had a great time and enjoyed the zoo.  It has changed so much.  I was trying to remember the last time I was there and I know its been at least 15 years.  The zoo has really changed but it is really nice. Lots of misters to cool you down, good picnic area, huge sand box for kids to play in and even a little river for kids to wade in.  Really nice!  I want to go back in the fall or early spring when it is cooler.  I was talking to an employee at the zoo and she said, "if you don't mind a light rain the animals love the rain and come out and play.  It's a good time to see them."

As Dutch's birthday has approached, I have remembered many times the miracle of his birth and that he was a very healthy baby.  I have been very thankful for blessings past and present.   

Dutch is a loving little boy, always happy, very inquisitive, very determined, has strong hands, he's quick, he knows what he wants, he loves music and he sings you just don't know what he is saying, and he is very strong willed which is wonderful!  Our family has been so blessed by this little guy.  We all love him so much and we think he hung the moon.  After all his name is Star Dutch!


No comments:

Post a Comment