Monday, June 13, 2016

Baked Potato Wedges



Most of our family really like buffalo wild wings except me.  So I decided I would try my hand at some and they really turned out good according to all the guys.  They were the ones here for dinner that night.  I just seasoned with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder and fried them in hot grease. I had bought some wing sauce and warmed that according to the directions and I also had homemade ranch dressing for dipping them. The guys were in hog's heaven or should I say, chicken heaven. Bah! 

When I was thinking about something to go with the wings I came up with these baked potato wedges and they turned out great.  I loved them! Just scrub your potatoes and dry them off.  Then cut them in half and them cut the half in half again.  If that half is too big you might want to cut it again.  I then put salt and pepper to taste on the wedges.  In a bowl I mixed about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, about 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.  I guessing on these measurements for spices.  You can try this and you might want to add a little more of something according to your taste.  But mix this up well and then I put the potato wedges in a plastic bag and poured in the Parmesan cheese mixture and coated the wedges well with this.  I then put them on a cookie sheet and drizzled olive oil over them and baked them at 400 degrees for an hour. 

Since the wings, I have made them with hamburgers.  I love the flavor and it doesn't take long to make them.  These are a lot better than those flavored frozen French fries you get at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment