Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day and enjoyed sharing the occasion with my daughter this year.  It was her first Mother's Day.  She made me this adorable hand print from Star Dutch for my flower garden and also the cutest flower pot with his foot prints as a butterfly, his hand print as a flower and individual finger prints as lady bugs.  They both are such adorable keepsakes!

It has been a precious year for me having my first grandchild and also watching my daughter become a mother.  I was fortunate and didn't work when I had our children but I have watched my daughter juggle working and motherhood.  Trying to do both and do it well can be pretty stressful at times.  There are many mothers who have to work and I will say I have great admiration for them.  I also want to say if a mother has to work there is no way that they can get everything done and spend time with their children.  I've told my daughter, "let the house go it will be here long after Dutch has moved on and the time with him now can never be replaced." There are so many things that pull on all of our lives, that we feel some obligation to, that are not important.  The things that are important just seem to pass us by.  I've watched her reevaluate the things in her life and let go of the things that really don't matter.  There is nothing that thrills me more than to see her relate to her son and love him and seeing him respond back to her.  It's been such a joy to see Dutch's aunt and two uncles respond to him.  A baby causes us to let go of our inhibitions and we all have become pretty funny and crazy at times to coax a smile or giggle from Dutch.

 Children are demanding and you never really get to sleep again, or finish a book or maybe finish a project, the house is never really clean for any length of time or that's the way it was for me.  I think for most of us that's what happens when you become a mother.  But to the young mothers I say, don't grow weary in giving of yourself to your children.  Your children will thank you someday for it.
Love your children unconditionally, be patient and play with them a lot.  Like I've said before learn what it means to love unconditionally. 


No comments:

Post a Comment