Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Special Day

Today is our youngest son's birthday.  As the sun was coming up this morning, it reminded me of the day he was born.  That day, as the sun was coming up, the nurses were wheeling me out of the operating room.  I had been there since about 4 in the morning because the baby's heart beat kept dropping and they thought they were going to do an emergency C-section.  But his heart stabilized and as the sun was coming up they were wheeling into a delivery room.  He was born a little after noon.  After he was delivered, the doctor said "ah, this is the problem.  I was asking is something wrong?  He answered, no, he is fine but you are a lucky mother.  Your son has a knot in his umbilical cord and most babies die in the womb with this."  The knot tightens and there is no nutrition making it into the baby. 

Jon was the answer to the last part of a prayer prayed in 1981.  I prayed for two sons, one was born in 1983 and Jon came in 1988.  I asked that they be born on my dad's birthday and Jon was.  So this is a day that two special men were born.

He has requested Mexican food and a special dessert.  I need to get started there are a lot of things to get done before the family arrives tonight.

I'm always thankful for the morning and a time of remembering how special life has been for me and for my dear family~

No comments:

Post a Comment