Monday, June 2, 2014

Windows


I love windows!  In the houses that I have lived in for any length of time, they have always had big windows with lots of natural light.  I could never live in a house that doesn't have a lot of natural light and I have always been that way.  As I am typing this, when I just typed natural light I started to put natural life.  I think natural light does bring life (or a good energy) into a home.  Good energy that you feel in someone's home does come from the folks who live there but natural light does play a  role. 

Wow! I said all that to say, I love these windows!  I love the corners that are totally glass.  The pane glass in the middle adds variety and design.  If your home is on the dark side, consider cutting out a window or maybe removing a wall to open up a space that might bring in light from another room.  Also, you don't always have to cover windows with drapes.  Look for architectural design pieces that you can put in your windows in place of curtains or drapes.  This one I have in my window.
I also think glass shelves in a big window with plants looks great.  You can also have a mix of plants with pretty colored glass pieces.  The natural light shining through plants and glass are really attractive.  Also stained glass looks very attractive in windows.  This is a piece in our breakfast room.

No comments:

Post a Comment