Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Mosaic Pot is FINISHED!!!!!!!




This has been a long project, only because I made it that way.  But I'm finished and so happy with the finished product.  I put the grout in on Tuesday and today I will finish wiping it done and I am going to put a sealer on the grout.  I decided to use black grout and I'm happy I did.  At one point, I was considering a sand color but I thought the black would make the yellow pop more and it does.

I don't have any experience doing grout but I will have to say it took me about 4 hours to grout this pot.  This is totally different from grouting a shower or counter top.  These little tiles have sharp edges and it is not a smooth and flat surface so it does take some time getting the grout in all the little nooks and crannies.

I'm going to work on a pot now for my vegetable garden area and I'm hoping it won't take me 2 years to finish it.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment