Thursday, June 19, 2014

Basil Chile Garlic Vinegar


This is probably my favorite vinegar.  It's so good in a lot of things but it's wonderful on fresh sliced tomatoes from the garden.  I had to show you how beautiful the basil is, the colors are so vibrant.

Fill a jar 2/3 full of fresh basil and you can use various varieties of basil.  Peeled cloves of 2 to 3 heads of garlic.  I love garlic so I used 3.  Then about 6-15 dried red chiles.  I've got about 12 in my jar.  Cover with heat red wine vinegar and put the lid on.  I covered my lid with a plastic baggie because you don't want the vinegar to be touching any metal.

This vinegar is wonderful in salad dressings, beef or chicken marinade with the addition of olive oil.  Add a dash to a glass of tomato juice.  Delicious in beef stew, spaghetti sauce and tomato soup.  :)

I hungry right now.  I can't wait until it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment