Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Our family is headed today to the hills and hollers of southeastern Oklahoma for a very nontraditional Thanksgiving.  There will be hiking, maybe kikacking, a hot tub under the stars and a visit to a local winery.  The menu will consist of hot dogs roasted on a fire pit with, of course, smores.  I have assured my troubled husband that he will get his traditional turkey and dressing on Christmas day and so he is willing to roll now.  :)

Actually, I'm excited about a little change in pace.  I really think it will be fun.  I have always wanted to try kikacking and I have always wanted to visit a winery.  One of the things on my Bucket List is to make my own Blackberry Wine.  A big smile! Maybe I'll get some ideas...who knows!  I also love visiting those little out of the way shops that are crammed full of junk.  You can find so many treasures.

I cooked most of the day yesterday so there will be minimal preparation while we are gone.  Our days will be free to play and have fun and our nights will be filled with rivalry and competition as we play some of our favorite card games.  We'll need a relaxing soak in the hot tub after that. :)

I wish you a memorable Thanksgiving with your family. May it be filled with the things money can't buy.


Always love~



No comments:

Post a Comment