Friday, August 13, 2010

Pies, Pies and More Pies


Just finished making 4 pies. Two cherry and two raisin. A client that I cook for occasionally called me last night and wanted to know if I had ever made a raisin pie? I told her I had. My dad loved raisin pie and my grandmother always made him a special raisin pie for the holidays and his birthday and many times in between. My client was wanting a raisin pie for her elderly aunt and she loves cherry pie too, so she ended up ordering 4 pies.

I never hear much about raisin pies anymore so I thought I would mention it today. Personally, I like raisin pie hot or warm. I don't care much for it after it is cold. If anyone is interested this is my recipe for raisin pie.

1-9 inch pie crust
1-24 ounce container of raisins
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 stick of butter
water

Place raisins in a large sauce pan and cover with water. Have the water about an inch over the raisins. Pour in sugar and mix well. Cook over medium heat about 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally. Add butter and stir occasionally until butter is melted. Take a small bowl and put corn starch in the bowl with about one cup of water and stir well until corn starch is mix well then slowly add to hot raisin mixture. Stir until thickened and pour into pie shell. Add your top crust and bake for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment