Friday, March 5, 2010

Gardening Tip for the Day!

Put those old banana peels to work! You won't believe what they will do for your roses. I just take my old banana peels and lay them under my rose bushes. They are full of potassium and roses love them. I have even laid an over ripe banana under my roses.

A gardening friend told me that he keeps his old banana peels in the freezer and when he plants his tomato plants in the spring, he takes his old banana peels out of the freezer and lets them unthaw and then plants them around the tomato plant and then covers the plant and banana peel with soil. He said he could tell a difference in his tomatoes. I'm going to try it this year. I know it makes a difference in the roses and I'm interested to see the difference in my tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment