Friday, March 26, 2010

Emerald Stir Fry


I wish I could claim this as my own creation but I saw this on the Food Network and it looked wonderful and believe me, it is. It has become a hit at our home. Everyone wants it at least once a week and they would eat it more if I would fix it.

3/4 to 1 pound of asparagus
2 bunches of broccoli florets
2 cups of snow peas
2 cups of edamame (soy beans)

Cut the asparagus on the diagonal, cut the broccoli florets from the stem and then cut the floret in half.

Prepare your sauce.
1/4 cup orange juice (I used juice from 2 medium oranges)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white semi dry wine
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon red pepper (I used a good heaping teaspoon) we like things spicy
2 teaspoons of corn starch or arrow root powder, to thicken

Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until corn starch has dissolved.

In a large skillet add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and heat up your skillet. Add 3-4 chopped garlic cloves. Let the garlic saute a couple of minutes and then add your cut vegetables and make sure the oil and garlic coat all the vegetables. Let them saute about 3 to 4 minutes. Then pour in your sauce and stir until the sauce is thickened. It's done....how easy is that!

Serve over brown rice and drizzle a little sesame oil over the top. You could saute thin slices of top round beef or chicken breast before you start your vegetables if you wanted meat in this stir fry.

Serves 4-6 people

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment