Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Decorating with books







As everything in your home is a reflection of you, so are the books you read. Why not decorate with them! Here are 3 examples of how I decorate with books in my home. The book on Nesting Birds is lying flat on an end table. I found this stem of little nests with feathers on a sale table. I loved it and couldn't pass it up. At the time, I didn't know how I would use it but when I really like something, I buy if I can because sooner or later I will find a way to use it. Books don't always have to be on an easel or standing upright. You can lie 3 books horizontally on top of each other and sit a small picture on top of the books. In my breakfast room, I put 2 books on this small podium I picked up at a garage sale. I found a really wonderful book on snowflakes that I had lying on my coffee table during the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment