Sunday, October 16, 2016

A Nifty Idea for Pictures

Four children later, our pictures didn't all make it into nice folders.  I have the bottom half of a big cabinet that is full of nothing but picture albums and now there are several covered boxes of pictures that need to be in albums.  Several months ago, I was looking for several pictures and I opened this cabinet.  I ended up pulling a stool up and sitting for several hours organizing and getting some structure to this madness. I'm usually never up till 11:00 but that night I started texting the cutest pictures of our kids to them.  Pictures, they had forgot about.  We were all laughing and they couldn't believe I was up so late.  I couldn't either. :)

I was reading an article about a famous designer and she said, "she likes to leave pictures out in nice bowls throughout her home for company to look through who are visiting."  I loved the idea! I've always said, get those things out of your attic and closet and use them, well, this is another thing that needs to be out and I have already found that your visitors will really enjoy looking through your photos. 

This winter, one of my projects is to get the majority of the pictures into albums but I think I'm going to leave some out in bowls.  I have Thanksgiving pictures along with other pictures in my bowl now but there should be plenty of pictures of winter days and holidays for the end of the year.

Watch out, because when you start looking through those pictures the hours will pass by.  I enjoyed it so much!

Happy Fall Sunday    xo

No comments:

Post a Comment