Friday, February 12, 2016

Tuna Salad


This was such a great dinner this week that I decided to post it.  It was simple but tasted wonderful and really hit the spot for me.  I harvested another large batch of spinach, which has been doing wonderful with this mild winter weather.  So I made tuna salad and served it on a bed of fresh spinach and sliced black cherry tomatoes on top with a side of cottage cheese.

I make tuna salad two ways, one is sweet and one has a dill savory flavor.  This is not a gourmet recipe but it is really good.
Sweet: This recipe is for 4-6 people
4 cans white albacore tuna
3-4 stalks celery, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
5-6 sweet pickles, diced
1 1/2 cups of  Miracle Whip
5 hard boiled eggs, diced

Drain the tuna and give the juice to your cat. :)  Break up the chunks of tuna and add all the following ingredients and mix well.  Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.

Savory:
Same as above only use Mayonnaise and dill pickles.  I use dill hamburger slices and I use about a cup diced and when I have fresh dill I use one tablespoon chopped.


2 comments:

  1. Mmm love it. Like the cottage cheese side

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fast and easy. A go to for me in the summer.

    ReplyDelete