Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Dream Home




I have admired this house for years.  When I first spotted this house 20 years ago it didn't look like this.  It was run down and needed a lot of work.  I saw the potential and knew it could be a beautiful home.  I spotted it shortly after we moved into our home on Cornville Road and thought you need to be on our street.  In fact, you are just what I ordered.  This was exactly what I was looking for when we found our home.  How hard would it be to move you down the road to our street?  I definitely gave it some thought.  I know it's hard moving a one story and I figured two stories would not make it. Over the years, every time I have driven by I always drool.  But I continued to think, you are too beautiful to just be sitting our here on an ugly lot and in front of the railroad tracks. Bah!!

Several weeks ago, I drove down this highway.  I hadn't been this way in quite some time and I was pleasantly surprised to see what was being done to this beauty.  It is my dream home but it still needs a better location.  An addition has been added onto the back with all new windows through out, new columns and a beautiful new porch.  I'm going back sometime when I have more time and see if they will let me take a stroll through my dream and see if the inside is as wonderful as I have imagined it to be.

I am so happy for the family who has revived this stately beauty.  I wish them many wonderful years in "My Dream Home."

No comments:

Post a Comment