Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fresh Peach Pie


This will be the last fresh peach pie this season.  We have eaten all the wonderful peaches off of our trees.  I have said this before, but they are the best peaches I have ever eaten.  Our two trees were brought to me by my dear sweet friend from Texas who passed several years ago.  I always think of her when I see those trees.  They came out of her compost pile and when she gave them to me she didn't know what kind of peach or if it would be good.  It turned out to be excellent.  I actually have a peach tree growing in my compost pile now and I'm sure hoping it's from one of these trees.  

I don't do anything special for a peach pie.  Peel and slice the peaches sweeten with a little sugar and I also put in a couple teaspoons of cornstarch.  Pour into a prepared pie crust put two to three tablespoons of butter on top of the peaches and then cover with your top crust.  Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes and 350 for the last 20 minutes.

Wonderful peaches from a very dear and true friend.  I sure miss her and our early morning talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment