Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cobb Potato Salad


This is a new salad that I tried and we loved it!  Again, this is a salad that is a meal in itself but as you can see there is a small piece of baked cod.

This would be a wonderful salad to go along with baked turkey for your Easter dinner and a wonderful lemon jello salad.

1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
1 bunch sliced green onions
1 (11.5 oz) bottle blue cheese vinaigrette, divided
2 large avocados
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 cups chopped romaine, red leaf, or green leaf lettuce
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup (4 oz,) shredded white Cheddar cheese
2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled

Cook potatoes in boiling salted water 15-20 minutes or until tender, drain.  Toss potatoes with sliced green onions and 1/3 cup of vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.  (I just chilled an hour, running short on time :)  )

Peel and dice avocados, toss with lemon juice.  Toss lettuce with avocado mixture, tomatoes and next two ingredients.  Then add in potato mixture and toss once more.  At this time, you can add more vinaigrette if you wish.  I found that what I put on the potato mixture when add to the rest of the salad was plenty for us.  Sprinkle bacon crumbles on top of salad.

I don't have time today but tomorrow I'll post the lemon jello salad in case you are interested.  It's once of the best jello salads I have ever eaten and it would be great for Easter dinner.

Oh, I forgot to mention I didn't have white cheddar and I just used yellow.
I used LaMartinique Blue Cheese Vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment