Friday, January 23, 2015

Blackberry Cobbler


I'm sorry the cobbler is over half gone but I really didn't plan on putting this on the blog but it was so good I have to tell you about it.  I have been hungry for a long time for blackberry cobbler and I caved in while at the store shopping.  I bought one bag of frozen blackberries, thinking I'll just make a small cobbler for me and hub and a SMALL pint of vanilla ice cream won't hurt anything either.  :)

This was so yummy you will want to try this. 

1 pkg. frozen blackberries (or any frozen fruit you want to use)
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 -3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
Put the above ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted and the sugar has dissolved.

Batter:
1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Cream together sugar and butter.  Add milk, baking powder and flour.  Mix together until smooth.  Put batter in a baking dish and pour in hot fruit. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

If you are using a larger pie plate like 9 -10 inch you will want to double the above ingredients.
You will have to surprise your husband with this easy and wonderful cobbler and a SMALL pint of ice cream.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment