Sunday, January 18, 2015

Potato, Orange and Arugula Salad



This was dinner one night last week.  Salmon patties, fresh steamed asparagus and this wonderful arugula salad.  I saw Giada from the Food Network Channel make this salad and I knew it would be something I would love and it is so good.  Fresh, light and very flavorful and I can also say healthy.
I could make a meal just on the salad but I knew my husband would need more.  Here's how to make the salad.

One small bag of fingerling potatoes. Cut them in half or thirds depending on the size of the potato. Put them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle them with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Then toss them and put the cut side of the potato on the cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes and then let them cool completely or at least 15 minutes.  The warm potatoes will wilt the arugula.

2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
1/3 cup of toasted walnuts, rough dice
2 handfuls of arugula
1/2 cup (2 oz.) Gorgonzola cheese

Dressing: 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice, 1 tablespoon orange zest, 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar and salt and pepper to taste and then whisk together.  Assemble the salad.  Put in arugula add walnuts, oranges, gorgonzola and potatoes then add dressing, toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment