Monday, March 10, 2014

Buttercup Squash S'mores

I don't remember exactly when I told you about Heartland Table on the Food Network but I told you how wonderful it was and I never saw it again until this past Saturday.  It was on again and I was so excited.  I want to try everything she makes.  She is an absolute wonderful cook and I love her style. I want to tell you to try and catch her again on Saturday but I don't know if she will be on.  I did notice that she will be on this afternoon at 4:30 and it will be a rerun of Saturday.  Try to catch her show, I think you will like it.

Ok, she took a buttercup squash and cut in half and scooped out all the seeds and drizzled with olive and salt and pepper to taste. Placed it on a greased cookie sheet and baked it at 350 for one hour.  Scooped out the pulp and add about 2-3 tablespoons of butter, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 ounces of cream cheese.  Mix all of this together on low heat until the butter and cream cheese has melted. 

Now instead of graham crackers she used an artisan bread and made a thin diagonal cut and toasted the bread.  Smeared some of the buttercup squash then topped it with some good chopped dark chocolate and then topped that with a roasted marshmellow.

I can't tell you how wonderful this looked.  Aw....it made me so hungry and I can't wait to try this.  She also made swiss chard with honey roasted garlic and this look wonderful also.  I hope she gets a regular show time because I think she is a wonderful cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment