Monday, January 11, 2010

Through a health problem 20 years ago, I started learning about the body. An important thing that I learned at the time was God made our bodies to heal themselves. If you want a healthy body, eat healthy, take good supplements (I've always taken this one thing religiously "Barley Green"), exercise, drinks lots of water, and breath correctly. After all we are made up mostly of water and air. I wish I could say that for the last 20 years I have done everything I learned originally but I haven't. I have had my ups and downs. I did have one whole year without sugar. :)

Recently, my husband and our two sons attended a meeting. The last day of the meeting a man spoke on health. It really made an impact on them and they haven't been the same since. Great for me, because for the first time we are all on board regarding our convictions about what we eat. It makes life a lot easier.

So, one of the things I would like to do is share my healthy recipes and I would like to hear about yours. In 20 years, I only have one recipe for something sweet that is truly good and healthy. Everything else I have tried taste terrible (regarding sweets). I have a lot of good recipes that are wonderful, some bordering on healthy and some not so healthy but really good. I'll share those too.

This is a new recipe I came up with recently and we all love it.

Albacore Salad with Dill Vinaigrette

Mix greens (I used one head of Romaine, fresh spinach, one head of red leaf)
2 large cans of Albacore (drained)
4 medium sliced tomatoes
1 large cucumber diced
1 sweet onion (cut in half and sliced)

toss and add dill vinaigrette

Dill Vinaigrette
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar ( I didn't have tarragon the first time I made this and used champagne vinegar and it was great also).
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2-3 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Shake well and cover. Will keep a week in frig.

This salad will feed 6 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment