Thursday, June 1, 2017

Laughter

Over the Memorial holiday all of our children were home for the weekend except one of our sons was traveling for his job.  It was fun having almost everyone here.  It's a little hard now for all of us to be together at one time because of work schedules, mostly. So, I always relish the times we are together.  I enjoy seeing them and listening to their opinions and views on different subjects, from politics, to the book they are currently reading, or an interesting you tube video or documentary although, our topics of conversation are all over the map.  But this weekend, I noticed that I really love seeing them laugh.  At dinner one night, my son got tickled and had a good belly laugh over something one of our daughter's said and I loved watching him laugh.  I always love watching Star Dutch when he really laughs hard or I'm tickling him and he can't stop laughing. 

After the weekend was over and everyone was gone, I was thinking about laughter and how I don't laugh enough and I certainly don't have enough belly laughs.  You know......laughing until you cry.  I've always been one to take life a little too seriously.  As I've gotten older, I've learned to loosen up and laugh at my mistakes and not be so hard on myself but I need more laughter in my life.  The Bible does say that laughter is medicine for the soul.  (paraphrased)  I've noticed that it does make me feel good when I have laughed hard.

I thought about people in my life who have made me laugh and I had a good friend in junior high and high school who could have me rolling on the floor.  When I attended her funeral, I sat there thinking that no one has ever made me laugh the way she did. My dear friend Bert is a comedian and hilarious but I don't get to see her that often.  My husband can have a great sense of humor and at times he comes up with some pretty good belly laughs. He came up with a great one the other night when we were looking at Venus, but he won't let me tell you what he said.  LOL  Our daughter is a good impersonator and she has had me on the floor at times.  I cherish my belly laughs because I don't have them very often. 

I guess I've have said all this to say, I hope you are laughing a lot. I know I want to have more belly laughs in my life.  I better say this before I end this post,  you may think I'm in the depths of despair but I'm not,  I'm a very happy person and my life is great I just want to laugh more and I want to see my friends and family have great belly laughs!

My wish is, that this year will be filled with more laughter for us all!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment