Sunday, April 3, 2016

Veggie Fajitas





I was making fajitas for the guys and I didn't want chicken so I decided to make some veggie fajitas for me.   My daughter had told me about using the giant mushrooms and slicing them and using them for fajitas.  She has done it several times and said it really was good. So I decided to try it.  They are very good and very easy to make.   I just sliced the mushroom as you can see above and sprinkled a little liquid fajita seasoning on them and then tossed them and let them marinate for a couple of hours. In a large skillet, I sautéed 1/2 green bell pepper, 1/2 yellow bell pepper and 1/2 red bell pepper, as well as 3 or 4 jalapeno pepper, 3 poblano peppers, 2 Anaheim peppers and 2 onions cut in half and sliced. I sliced all the peppers and I left in most of the seeds but you can remove the seeds if you don't want a lot of heat.  Then I grilled the mushrooms on a hot griddle about 2 minutes on each side.

My spinach is huge!  I don't think I have ever since spinach this big.  So I took some of the spinach leaves and put the mushrooms and the sautéed veggies with a little cheese and salsa and rolled up the spinach like a tortilla.  It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment