Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fast and Easy Way to Clean Silver

I really enjoy using my mother's silver flat ware.  It is so pretty seeing those shiny silver pieces on the table but I had not taken in consideration that they do start to turn.  :(   Polishing all of that silver is an ordeal so I read about this idea and wanted to try it.  It works wonderfully.

Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.  Scatter of the bottom of the foil about 1 to 11/2 cups of baking soda and pour boiling water over the baking soda and stir until all is dissolve.  It pretty much is dissolved when you pour the water over it.  Then put your pieces in and let them set 15 to 20 minutes.  Then rinse under warm water and dry.  I had a couple of pieces that were pretty bad and I still had a couple of small spots.  I used a little silver polish and it came right off.

No more hours of standing a polishing silver!!!  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment