Friday, May 8, 2015

Nasturtiums




The plant in the first picture is nasturtiums.  This is the first year they have done this well.  You can barely see a flower peeking through all the greenery.  Years ago, when I attended my first herb class the instructor brought a container of nasturtiums and they were blooming.  I was hooked instantly by their beauty and the most wonderful thing about them is you can eat the flowers.  They beautifully garnish a salad or you can use them for garnish around any vegetables or a meat platter.  They have a peppery taste.  The flowers on these plants are really huge.  I'll take another picture soon.  When I went to take a picture of the flowers the wind had wilted them. You may not want to use them in your cooking but they are a beautiful plant to have on your patio or porch.  Oh, if you do grow them and want to eat them don't fertilize with a chemical use fish emulsion.

I finally finished planting all of our garden last Sunday.  I know, I'm really late but my plate has been pretty full this season.  I was glad to finally get it all in and as I said in an earlier post, it's all contained in its space and everything looks good, for now.  :)

I'm so thankful for the rain and so glad my plants were in the ground to benefit from it.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment