Sunday, December 28, 2014

Andrea Bocelli

This is pretty interesting.  My last post was about being thankful for hearing and I'm about to tell you of the wonderful Andrea Bocelli concert we attended in Dallas several weeks ago. 

This was another heart's desire for me.  Andrea Bocelli is one of my favorite performers.  After seeing him on T.V. performing a concert in Central Park and one in Tuscany, that was on my list.....I had to see him in person.  We didn't get the concert in Central Park or Tuscany but we did get an unseasonably warm December evening in Dallas.  Great dinner and then the concert.  It was beautiful!  Many times I just sat with my eyes closed listening to how beautiful the music was.  He had a woman violinist who was great as well as two women who separately sang with him at various times and they both had amazing voices.  The range and the force behind their voices was moving.  You could feel their emotions in their music.  Andrea had five encores.  He was so gracious to keep coming back and singing one more time.

Gary became a fan!  He loves the song "Nessun dorma" that Bocelli sang and it is not only playing in his office but I will hear him singing the ending of the song at the top of his lungs.  So funny!  He had a singing part in a play in grade school and he has always told me he missed his calling to be a singer.  (laughing out loud) He makes life fun and enjoyable.   We had a wonderful time and it will always be a memorable and cherished evening.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."                                                Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment