Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beautiful Gift

In my post, when I turned sixty, I talked about two ladies from Chickasha who had influenced me in my perception of getting old. This crepe myrtle is a gift from the lady I talked about in that post. It is so beautiful and I think of her everytime I look at it. It was very small when she gave it to me and I would have never chosen white but I love it. The white is very beautiful. I just wanted to make a point about giving flowering shrubs, rose bushes and trees as gifts. Several times in the past, we have sent flowers to funerals and for what we have paid, I have been very disappointed in the flowers. So, about five or six years ago I stopped sending flowers and I now buy a rose bush, flowering shrub or tree and give in in remembrance of the person who has passed. Personally, I love the idea. I think this also makes a great gift for a person who loves flowers. Next time you are stuck, trying to find the right gift remember flowering shrubs, rose bushes, or trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment