Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Garden in a Gutter

I had high hopes of being able to show you pictures of lush spinach and lettuce hanging over my guttering. I am sad to say it is pretty much been devoured. I have some iron rich insects somewhere. :) It started out great. Then I noticed the spinach was not coming along like it usually does. After closer examination, I saw that something was eating it up. I used my hot pepper spray but it was to far gone. I also think that maybe I didn't water the lettuce enough. The guttering is so shallow it drys out faster and I forgot to take that into consideration. I will try again and keep a closer watch. The tomatoes and other veggies are doing great. This weather if perfectly wonderful for working outside! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment