Monday, June 13, 2011

Chunky, Chunky Salsa


This is a recipe I got from a lady in my Co-op eight or nine years ago. My family loves this and it is so good this time of the year with garden tomatoes.

My family was all home for Sunday dinner yesterday and I fixed this with grilled chicken. Some of the family took whole wheat tortillas and warmed them, put sliced grilled chicken on the tortilla and then topped it with chunky salsa. I also had cheese nachos to eat with the chunky salsa but it is great with plain tortilla chips. This is good as a side with fish also.

This salsa has the most wonderful flavors. I hope you will try it. I think it will become a favorite summer dish around your home.

Ingredients:
1-15 ounce Black beans, rinsed and drained
1-15 ounce Pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans shop peg corn, drained
4-5 large tomatoes, diced
4 avocados, peeled and diced
1 large green pepper, diced
1 large red pepper, diced
2 bunches of green onions, diced
4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced
2 large jalapeno pepper, chopped
salt to taste

Dressing:
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons of cumin

Put ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Pour dressing over cut vegetables and mix well. You can serve it immediately but it's better if it sets for an hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment