Friday, November 3, 2017

A Wonderful Autumn Salad

I love salads that have fruit and nuts and different greens.  I made this for dinner last night and I loved it.  Gary liked it and thought it was good but his favorite salad is all veggies with ranch.  :)
I used organic mixed salad greens and added some red leaf lettuce and some arugula from my garden.
I sautéed one cup of roughly chopped walnuts in one teaspoon of butter.
I thinly sliced one apple and one pear
Tossed all these ingredients together and sprinkled blue cheese crumbles over the top. Then drizzle with the dressing.

The dressing:
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon paprika
1 heaping tablespoon of finely chopped onion
Put all the ingredients in a bowl except olive oil.  Whisk the ingredients together then slowly add the olive oil while you whisk.  The olive oil will emulsify and the dressing will thicken as you whisk.

No comments:

Post a Comment