Saturday, September 23, 2017

From Alaska With Love




An Alaskan cruise, an amazing gift from our children on our 43rd wedding anniversary.  I need to pull out my thesaurus to find the perfect adjectives to described the last frontier.  Instead, I will let John Muir do it for me, "Beauty beyond thought everywhere, beneath, above, made and being made forever."  Sights, sounds, smells and my feelings as I experienced this handiwork of God, I shall always remember.  

I cannot say, this or that was my favorite.  It was all unique and beautiful.  From my first helicopter ride, to walking on a glacier, the captivating evening of whale watching to a train ride through the mountains hearing about the daring pioneers who were out to seize their bit of gold. The sunrise as we entered the Tracy Arm Fjords with a whale breaching just outside our balcony.  I love whales especially humpbacks so that was pure bliss for me.  I was so excited, like a child receiving a long awaited for toy.

I can only hope that Alaska remains the last frontier.  For the most part, it's been untouched by man.  It offers so many experiences for the person who loves nature.  It's beauty is unparalleled and original.  It's so true, "In every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks."  Muir

To our children, the gift was given with much love and with much love it was received and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment