Saturday, March 11, 2017

Cleaning and Getting Organized

My kids are not here, so I can't figure out how to turn this picture around.  Sorry about that!
For the last several weeks, off and on, I've been cleaning out and once again downsizing and getting rid of things I don't use or wear.  Gary and I recently cleaned out our closet and chest of drawers and we now actually have two empty drawers and a lot more room in our closet.  Let me tell you, it feels great! Someone will be getting a lot of good out of some nice clothes.  As I was digging through our closet, I found 2 dress coats that are like new that I haven't worn in years.

I tackled the ice box yesterday.  It has needed a good cleaning for some time.  You know, a cleaning where you take all the shelves out and wash them.  It's sparkling clean now.  I wanted to show you the Rubbermaid lazy susan. I saw this idea on a cooking show.  I love it!  You can just turn the lazy susan and get to all of the containers a lot easier.  We usually have to take out all the containers to get to something in the back.  Now, it's a lot easier. 

When I started down sizing several years ago, I probably had 15 t-shirts that I used to garden in.  The funny thing is, I always went to the same three t-shirts to wear and the rest just sat in the drawer.  When I realized what I was doing I emptied the drawer except for the three I always picked.  That felt good and that is what got me started.  I went to the kitchen and got rid of everything I hadn't used in 5 years and it was out.  The thing that holds me back, is the thought, what if I need that sometime.  Well, I got rid of it anyway and I have never missed it.  It freed up a lot of space in my kitchen which I really needed.

Maybe I have inspired you, I hope so. 
Have a great weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment